Question about D-SUB output in X700 Mobile

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 07:52:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I wish to ask if D-SUB output in my graphic card is supposed to work?
>  There is lspci:
>
>  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
>  Mobility X700 (PCIE) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>         Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Aspire 5024WLMi
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
>         Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
>         I/O ports at 9000 [size=256]
>         Memory at c0100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>         Capabilities: [58] Express Endpoint IRQ 0
>         Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
>  Queue=0/0 Enable-
>
>  I'm confused because I tried to connect my notebook (Acer 5024) to 3
>  different LCDs (one of theses was TV) but without result. When I
>  connect my card to LCD "No signal" info (on LCD) disappears but screen
>  is still black. Then I try "xrandr" but it doesn't show anything more
>  except my notebook's panel.

The d-sub port works fine.  You are using an old version (6.6.193) of
the radeon driver that does not support xrandr 1.2.  You'll need to
upgrade your driver to 6.7.19x or 6.8.0.  Also, since you are using
Xorg 7.2.0, you may have to upgrade your X stack (or at least your
xserver) depending on what xserver version your distro included.  You
need xserver 1.3 for xrandr 1.2 support.