ppracer + xf86-video-ati = some colors/objects garbeled

Marius Groeger mgroeger at sysgo.com
Fri Sep 21 00:47:45 PDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > to test the xf86-video-ati git HEAD with my ATI Radeon
> > Mobility X300 (M22) 5460 (PCIE) I tried the ppracer. Performance looks
> > really ok, but some objects on the track and some patches of white
> > (which might be supposed to be ice?!) have funny random colors.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Sounds like a Mesa bug probably dri-devel is a better place, or log a
> bug in freedesktop.org against the Mesa r300 driver..

I found that this was probably a pilot error: I have tinkered with
FBTexPercent. If you set it to 0, you get a fast race but somewhat
broken graphics. (*Very* broken graphics in openarena...) Michel
Dänzer pointed out in another thread this is expected on an r300 due
to missing GART texturing support.

Regards
Marius