[xorg.conf][ati] Which part of my xorg.conf is now obsolete with the new driver and new xorg ?

GiGGz giggzounet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:56:17 PDT 2007

Hi,

My xorg.conf is quite old. I don't know where I can find an actuel
xorg.conf...so I post here. I would like to know which parts of this
file (below) are now obsolete ?

Thx
Regards,
Guillaume

P.S. I know for MergedFB...I have posted today on this list...

# /etc/X11/xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)

Section "Files"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
#       FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"

         # path to defoma fonts
         FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load    "bitmap"
         Load    "dbe"
         Load    "ddc"
         Load    "dri"
         Load    "extmod"
         Load    "freetype"
         Load    "glx"
         Load    "int10"
         Load    "record"
         Load    "type1"
         Load    "v4l"
         Load    "vbe"
#       Load    "GLcore"
#       Load    "i2c"
#       Load    "drm"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
         Driver          "kbd"
         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
         Option          "XkbRules"    "xorg"
         Option          "XkbModel"    "pc105"
         Option          "XkbLayout"   "fr"
##a commenter pour avoir le circonflexe
#       Option          "XkbVariant"  "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"              "/dev/input/mice"
         Option          "Protocol"            "ImPS/2"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"     "false"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
         Driver          "synaptics"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents"      "true"
         Option          "Device"              "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol"            "auto-dev"
         Option          "HorizScrollDelta"    "0"
         Option          "MaxTapTime" "0"
         Option          "MaxTapMove" "0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "ATI RADEON MOBILITY"
         Driver          "ati"
         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
## option activee par default
#       Option          "UseFBDev"            "true"
         Option          "MonitorLayout"               "LVDS,CRT"
#       Screen 0
#       Option  "AGPMode" "2"
         Option          "AGPMode"             "4"
##      Option  "AGPMode" "8"
         Option          "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "false" # Faster RENDER
acceleration
         Option          "EnablePageFlip"      "true"
         Option          "DynamicClocks"               "true"
#       Option          "MergedNonRectangular"        "true"
##       Option "crt_display" "true"
##dual head
          Option                 "MergedFB"    "true"
          Option                 "CRT2Position" "RightOf"
#        Option                 "CRT2Position" "LeftOf"
          Option                 "CRT2HSync" "30.0-86.0"
          Option                 "CRT2VRefresh" "50.0-75.0"
#        Option                 "MergedXineramaCRT2IsScreen0" "False"
          Option                 "MetaModes" "1400x1050-1280x1024"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "LCD SAMSUNG"
         Option          "DPMS"