CTM: was Re: [radeonhd] Necessary for 3D

Syren Baran sbaran at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 09:48:48 PDT 2007

Am Montag, den 08.10.2007, 18:23 +0200 schrieb Jerome Glisse:

>  As
> side note i don't think anybody will accept security flow just to allow
> few apps to play with the GPU.
Well, i heard rumors of people using PC´s and even connecting them to
the interweb instead of placing it in a safe and dumping it at the
bottom of the ocean...
>  I believe we could in the future provide
> with the help of gallium some nice interface for letting application
> taking advantage of GPU without the need for the application to know
> anythings about the card.
If the applications memory range can be checked before execution that
sure wouldnt be a bad idea. Or are you talking about an intermediate
language with references instead of pointers, ala java?

> Cheers,
> Jerome Glisse

Syren