r300 opengl lagre screen limitation

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Sat Oct 6 04:00:59 PDT 2007

Stanislovas Mickus wrote:
>> I already added comment in bug 8357 and truely first step is to
>> get rid of this 1440 magic offset in cliprect which should enable
>> to go full size for 3d ie 4096 which likely enough for most users.
>>
> It looks you're right because I could get up to ~2650 pixels with some
> minor mesa tweak. So anyone knows why we need this magic with
> R300_CLIPRECT_OFFSET in r300_cmdbuf.c in drm? I could not find similar
> thing in other drm drivers.

This magic number came from reverse engineering, for some reason old fglrx
seemed to always add this offset. I think we need to dump new fglrx with
a big
GL app (bigger than 2650x2650) to find out how to get rid of this offset.

It's also possible that this is used to work around a hw bug in such
case we might
not been able to work around it.

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse