radeon vs. worker

giuliogiuseppecarlo at interfree.it giuliogiuseppecarlo at interfree.it
Sun Nov 25 14:26:45 PST 2007

>On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 21:23 +0000, giuliogiuseppecarlo at interfree.it wrote:
>>
>> I have ( very little ) troubles with radeon driver and the worker program (
>http://www.boomerangsworld.de/worker/ ). >
>> I'm using a radeon 7000:
[...]
>> In fact when i move a window of top of another a bit of times, i see this
>strange effect. >
>> http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5594/workerradeonio4.png
>
>Does this also happen with Option "AGPFastWrite" (and/or "AGPMode") commented
>out?

Yes.

>If so, can you try a newer driver available in sid or
>experimental?

Hmm... A bit of a great pain, i don't plan to upgrade before next stable...

Which live distros ( better if fast to download ) are using the new ati version? I could try to run worker ( even an old version, or a version installed from a repo, if it is possible to install sw from the live cd ) from it.

Thank you.

DEXGATEMICRO il centralino VoIP multifunzione per l'azienda.
Prova gratuita per 4 utenti!

Scopri tutte le funzionalita' sul sito Dexgate.com