Can't get the external monitor working

Paul Morarescu paul.morarescu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:20:04 PST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 6:22 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2007 5:26 PM, Paul Morarescu <paul.morarescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This 22" external LCD was working with Fedora 7. It is still working
> > with WinXP on the same laptop. However, after upgrading from Fedora 7
> > to Fedora 8, it has never worked in the graphic mode. It works only in
> > text mode. When entering the graphic mode (basically, when starting X)
> > the external monitor displays NO SIGNAL and blanks out. The laptop LCD
> > works well. Need help to make the external monitor work again. I don't
> > care for 3D acceleration. Just want to get the darn thing working
> > again in the basic mirror/clone mode.
> >
> > Here's the data:
>
> looks like a problem with the bios connector tables. try the following option:
> Option "ConnectorTable" "5,2,2,1,3,1,0,2"
> And let me know if it works.
>
> Alex

Thanks for the reply.

The external LCD remains blank, but at least it goes into the power
saving mode. Before this, it remained turned on. Also, the laptop LCD
displays a normal 1024x768 screen, rather than the top-left corner of
a 1680x1050 screen as before. This looks like a step into the right
direction, but probably more steps are needed. The new Xorg.0.log is
attached. There are some changes in it too.

Paul