xor error with an ATI RV100 7000/VE video card

Olivier olecarme at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:32:57 PDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 18:29 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> >

> > On 7/16/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> >         On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:31 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> >         > On 7/16/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com>
> >         wrote:
> >         >         On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 18:21 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> >         >         >
> >         >         > I'm using the ati Xorg driver. Changing to radeon
> >         had no
> >         >         effect.
> >
> >         Does it also happen with Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"?
> >
> > I first tried this. The xor error does not occur any longer. However,
> > I immediately found two weird behaviors elsewhere: the Wacom tablet
> > mouse no longer works on Gimp tracing tools (but the PS/2 mouse works,
> > as well as the stylus),
>
> That doesn't sound related to the video driver.

Yes indeed, and I'll try asking the lists about GIMP and linuxwacom.

> and scrolling in Gmail works in a bizarre way.
>
> Define 'bizarre'. Is it slow/jerky, or something else?

Jerky and slow at the same time. If I scroll in the message sub-window,
first I see some lines appearing multiple times, and after some delay they
disappear. I I scroll outside of this sub-window, the whole Firefox window
reacts in the same way.

Olivier Lecarme