xor error with an ATI RV100 7000/VE video card

Olivier olecarme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:29:23 PDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:31 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> > On 7/16/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> >         On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 18:21 +0200, Olivier wrote:
> >         >
> >         > I'm using the ati Xorg driver. Changing to radeon had no
> >         effect.
> >
> >         Which version of xf86-video-ati? Does it happen with both XAA
> >         and EXA?
> >
> > The Debian package version is 1:6.6.3-2
>
> Can you try version 1:6.6.192-1 available in experimental?
>
> > Unfortunately, I don't understand the second question. Could you
> explain?
>
> Does it also happen with Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"?

I first tried this. The xor error does not occur any longer. However, I
immediately found two weird behaviors elsewhere: the Wacom tablet mouse no
longer works on Gimp tracing tools (but the PS/2 mouse works, as well as the
stylus), and scrolling in Gmail works in a bizarre way. I don't know whether
there is any relation.

Now I will try the experimental version of xorg-video-ati.
--
Olivier Lecarme