DVI output not visible on LCD with DVI, VGA output works -- (MergedFB on Ubuntu Edgy, Powerbook G4 ATI radeon 9600 M10)

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Jan 3 23:40:41 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:24 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/4/07, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > make sure you are using a new enough version of automake.  IIRC you
> > > need version 1.9 or newer.
> >
> > Spot on. Edgy installs 1.4 when you just say apt-get install automake.
> > Installing automake1.9 resolved the problem. Wohoo!
>
> With a few more -dev packages installed (libgl1-mesa-dev
> libglu1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev libdrm-dev) I managed to get
> ati-6.6-branch compiling happy.
>
> When I switch to master, however, it wants librdm 2.2 rather than
> 2.0.2. Just for kicks, I reverted the patch that does the check, but
> the build breaks. Clearly, this thing depends on a newer drm.

The atimisc driver does, but radeon shouldn't. You may get away with

make -C src {ati,radeon}_drv.la

with the old libdrm.

P.S. I think it really shouldn't require the new libdrm but just detect
the version and only build the stuff that needs the newer version when
it's there. George, if you read this... :)