DVI output not visible on LCD with DVI, VGA output works -- (MergedFB on Ubuntu Edgy, Powerbook G4 ATI radeon 9600 M10)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:24:53 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > make sure you are using a new enough version of automake.  IIRC you
> > need version 1.9 or newer.
>
> Spot on. Edgy installs 1.4 when you just say apt-get install automake.
> Installing automake1.9 resolved the problem. Wohoo!

With a few more -dev packages installed (libgl1-mesa-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev libdrm-dev) I managed to get
ati-6.6-branch compiling happy.

When I switch to master, however, it wants librdm 2.2 rather than
2.0.2. Just for kicks, I reverted the patch that does the check, but
the build breaks. Clearly, this thing depends on a newer drm.

I'll try and see if I can get libdrm 2.2 going easily, and cross my
fingers I won't end up recompiling X and the kernel too ;-) unless you
can point me to bits that I can cherrypick to get my DVI stuff going.
I'm more than familiar with git, no problems with that -- OTOH X
internals are _totally_ arcane to me.

cheers,

martin