DVI output not visible on LCD with DVI, VGA output works -- (MergedFB on Ubuntu Edgy, Powerbook G4 ATI radeon 9600 M10)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:36:13 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> You want master.

Cool.

> yes.  Although all you really need to do is grab the xorg devel
> packages and then you can just download the driver with git and build
> it directly without rebuilding the whole xserver.

I have  xserver-xorg-dev package, autoconf, m4, all the show, but
running autogen.sh doesn't get me very far. It dies in the autoreconf
-v --install stage

martin at aporo-ubuntu:~/src/xf86-video-ati$ bash -x  autogen.sh
++ dirname autogen.sh
+ srcdir=.
+ test -z .
++ pwd
+ ORIGDIR=/home/martin/src/xf86-video-ati
+ cd .
+ autoreconf -v --install
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
aclocal: configure.ac: 228: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
+ exit 1

I'll research more this evening. Thanks for the hints!

> git head is only needed for using LVDS (internal laptop panel) and DVI
> simulatiously.  OTOH, there are some other DVI related fixes that may
> help so it's worth a try.

Cool -- I'll give it a whirl. Is it easy to get the custom-compiled
driver loaded by the stock-standard X.org shipped by Ubuntu? [My
X11-fu is limited, as you can see ;-) ]

cheers,

martin