xrandr 1.2: which branch?

John Steele Scott toojays at toojays.net
Wed Feb 7 03:23:22 PST 2007

Hi,

I am interested in the developments around xrandr 1.2. I have followed
this explanation of how to set it up
<http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/randr-2007-02-06-17-50>, but I
understand that the ati driver does not yet support the new version of
xrandr. I have tried various branches of the ati driver with no success
yet. I would like to know if there is a branch of the ati driver which
is expected to work to some degree with xrandr 1.2.

Is there any point me reporting crashes which occur when I use the
master branch of the driver with the randr-1.2-for-server-1.2 branch of
xserver?

Dave, I notice that you have a few branches related to xrandr 1.2. Are
you interested in bug reports for any of these? The radeon-randr12-v2
branch breaks gnome-session, and radeon-randrv12-v3 causes a crash on
startup. Is there any point in me getting a debug backtrace, or is this
branch purely experimental?

I'm running on an iBook G4 with Radeon Mobility 9200. I am often
connecting and disconnecting from a 1920x1200 external panel, and would
much prefer to have a working xrandr (my current solution requires
regular restarting of the X server).

cheers,

John