Adjusting CRTC2 on Radeon Mobility 9000

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:38:16 PST 2007

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 1:02 PM, Gus Wirth <gwirth79 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a laptop with a Radeon Mobility 9000 and the TV-out works with
>> the latest xf86-vidio-ati revision (6.7.197). I set it up with:
>>
>> # xrandr --addmode S-video 800x600
>> # xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600
>> # xrandr --output S-video --set tv_standard ntsc
>>
>> Then to make video from mplayer show up on the TV I do:
>>
>> xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1
>>
>> The only lingering problem is that the the TV image needs to be nudged
>> to the left. Is there currently any way to do that? Is there any way to
>> make xvidtune control CRTC 1 instead of CRTC 0?
>
> xvidtune needs to be updated to support xrandr before it will allow
> you to chose which crtc to adjust.  That said, it won't affect tv-out
> anyway do to the way it works and is implemented.  You can control
> various tv-out options via xrandr (xrandr --verbose):
>         tv_vertical_position: 0 (0x00000000) range:  (-5,5)
>         tv_horizontal_position: 0 (0x00000000) range:  (-5,5)
>         tv_horizontal_size: 0 (0x00000000) range:  (-5,5)
>
> e.g.,
> xrandr --output S-video --set tv_horizontal_position -2

Thanks. I just figured it out before seeing this. Unfortunately, the max
adjustment isn't quite enough for my TV. Using the proprietary fglrx
driver (8.27.10) under Fedora Core 5 and Xorg 7.0.0 I'm able to get the
image to fit perfectly, so I guess there is still something that needs a
few tweaks.

Gus