Adjusting CRTC2 on Radeon Mobility 9000

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 10:02:11 PST 2007

I have a laptop with a Radeon Mobility 9000 and the TV-out works with
the latest xf86-vidio-ati revision (6.7.197). I set it up with:

# xrandr --addmode S-video 800x600
# xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600
# xrandr --output S-video --set tv_standard ntsc

Then to make video from mplayer show up on the TV I do:

xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1

The only lingering problem is that the the TV image needs to be nudged
to the left. Is there currently any way to do that? Is there any way to
make xvidtune control CRTC 1 instead of CRTC 0?

Gus