Hotplugging: VGA to alubook 5,8

Wolfgang Pfeiffer roto at gmx.net
Fri Dec 7 02:51:42 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 07 2007, at 08:27 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 00:54 +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> > [Anyone can tell me whether it is enough to just copy ati_drv.so and
> > radeon_drv.so to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ to get the relevant
> > drivers to this computer installed?]
>
> It is, but doesn't xserver-xorg-video-ati from experimental work? It's
> more or less up to date wrt upstream Git...

The last package I had installed was, IINM,
xserver-xorg-video-ati_6.7.196-1, and I didn't have problems with it,
other than those already described on debian-powerpc at lists.debian.org.

It worked fine for cloning the alubook screen to a VGA - I just
thought maybe this black-and-white-only-on-my-TV issue got fixed .. :)

And yes, I often eat my favorite software as fresh as possible ... :)

And if we're already at it:

Thanks to the developers of this software.

I clone an alubook screen to a VGA on a nearly daily basis: I just
added a few commands to the KDE menu, to switch the LCD/VGA screens
on/off: seems to work like a charm ...

Thanks a lot

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key: 0xE3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on