TV-Out as screen 1

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 07:02:58 PDT 2007

On 8/12/07, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:
> I was probably a bit too short with my last followup.
> A less than ideal day, today.
>
> Anyway, what I really want is to have just the xvideo overlay on the
> tv-out crtc.
>
> I'll look into ways to accomplish that.

There is a way to source the linear transform unit directly to the
tv-out encoder.  Bit 16 of RADEON_DISP_OUTPUT_CNTL controls whether
the tv source is a crtc (1) or the  ltu (0).  There are probably other
regs involved as well.  I haven't really looked into how it works yet.
 That said, you can still source the overlay to the crtc driving the
tv-encoder and it will work just as if you were driving one of the
other outputs.