TV-Out as screen 1

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:48:13 PDT 2007

On 8/11/07, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> Alex> the randr-1.2 branch no longer supports the old zaphod screen based
> Alex> multi-head.  with randr, you have one or more crtcs/outputs scanning
> Alex> out of the same or different parts of the same desktop.
>
> [SIGH]  The other options may be of value when using the VGA port, but
> are not of value to me when using the SVideo port.  I don't want any
> other apps -- not even the wm -- to know about the SVideo.  Using a
> different DISPLAY for it is the only reasonable way to use TV out.

you could always set up a dualhead setup with tv-out and set up a full
screen app on the second "head" using the xinerama information.

If you really need it, you can always port the tv-out code back to an
old version of the radeon driver that still supports zaphod mode.  I
have no intention of doing anything else with zaphod mode myself
however.