mergedfb refresh rates

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Apr 23 20:31:34 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 06:44 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I suspect it is due to the new compat randr code in the server which
> seems to work out the refresh rate itself.. I'm not sure if the old
> randr1.0 used to this or just passed through the refresh rate from the
> driver..

The refresh used to come from the driver. Now the server takes the
refresh provided by the driver and computes a dot clock to construct a
mode line. Then it takes those mode lines and back-computes the refresh
value when a 1.0 client requests the old information.

At least the latter part of this process works as 1.0 clients get valid
information from a new server...

I'll bet something is messed up in RROldModeAdd.

keith.packard at intel.com