MergedFB CRTC2 limiting CRTC1

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Sun Apr 1 09:40:51 PDT 2007

I looked into this a bit and it appears twofold:

      * RADEONRecalcDefaultVirtualSize overwrites the virtual size
        instead of only growing it, fixed by first patch attached.
      * RADEONGenerateModeList only links common modes by default
        instead of also the largest modes, fixed by second patch
        attached.

Do these look good?

I feel this is still too limiting as I e.g. have a lot of modes on CRTC1
that I'd like to use in clone mode as well, and defining metamodes for
all of them manually would be tedious. I'll play with creating metamodes
by default for all 'sensible' combinations by default, but feel free to
beat me to it.