Bug#397438: Panel stays blank in MergedFB mode
bryan at bokeoa.com
Thu Dec 14 23:08:27 PST 2006
I also ran into this problem with a FireGL X1 (R300-based) on a Debian
unstable machine. I would like to track down the changeset that
introduced this problem using git-bisect, however, I would like some
guidance on the best method to go about doing this. So far this is what
I believe the process looks like (please add your opinion to each step
below if you would be so kind):
1. Get the latest code from the git repository.
a. Do I just use git_xorg?
b. Do I need xcb too?
c. Modular or monolith?
2. Remove the current x.org Debian packages to avoid conflicts.
3. Build x.org from the lastest git code.
a. build.sh ?
b. jhbuild ?
c. ./autogen.sh --prefix=/tmp/modular && make && make install ?
4. Test the results to see if the second monitor starts.
a. startx -- /tmp/modular/bin/Xorg ?
5. If it doesn't work, start using git-bisect.
a. Find an older changeset that didn't have the problem (I've heard
6.8.2 worked, but I haven't confirmed. Any guesses?)
b. git bisect start
git bisect bad master
git bisect good ORIG_CHANGESET
6. Do a 'make clean' here?
7. Repeat steps 3 and 4
8. Run 'git bisect good' if it worked and 'git bisect bad' if it didn't.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 until git tells me which commit is the culprit.
More information about the Xorg-driver-ati