<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.26.0">
On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 15:41 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Julien Cristau <<A HREF="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</A>> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 15:00:10 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> The stderr from the above command shows a bunch of lines like:
>> Calling `pnmcut 165 158 583 397 < /var/folders/82/3fx+36+h6bh12wg5m
>> +xpm4ym++++fn/T/groff-page-KcEGLl | pnmcrop -quiet | pnmtopng -
>> background rgb:f/f/f -transparent rgb
>> :f/f/f > images/xim-image1.png
>> ' returned status 32512
>> There is no pnmcut available on the system. Why are pnm* getting
>> run by groff? Is that something that "we" (X11) have setup (and
>> should therefore be checking in util-macros), or is that a
>> dependency of groff which Mac OSX is not shipping (and I should
>> therefore bug someone else).
> It looks like these utilities are needed by grohtml:
> grohtml is dependent upon the png utilities (pnmcut, pnmcrop, pnmtopng)
> and GhostScript (gs). pnmtopng (version 2.37.6 or greater) and pnmcut
> from the netpbm package (version 9.16 or greater) will work also. It
> is also dependent upon psselect from the PSUtils package. Images are
> generated whenever a table, picture, equation or line is encountered.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is all just fallout from -Thtml. Maybe we
need to expand the XORG_WITH_GROFF macro to test that -Thtml works and
export a HAVE_GROFF_HTML conditional. Then you could make the html
targets in libX11/specs/troffrules.in conditional on that.
Gaetan, you have any thoughts on groff html?
I have noticed this issue when I reviewed the makefiles. Plus many other issues. And I got different results depending on the version of the tools. I personally have no experience with any of the doc tools. The only thing I did was to add the option to generate the images in the images directory and give them a name (<TT><FONT COLOR="#1a1a1a">-P-Dimages -P-Ixim-image</FONT></TT>) . Before, these images were given a name based on the process number and were accumulated for each run and never cleaned-up. <BR>
I can update the macro to check for the presence of these commands, but probably not the version. That can't hurt. On my computer, they are all present. About one out of 5 images gets generated but they all look wrong. See attachment.<BR>