Merge request for auto-meson-pc-cmp.sh + Meson and CI for xcbproto

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Wed Jun 12 19:49:36 UTC 2024

I have closed the merge request since this wasn't the problem: I made
a blunder in the directories passed as arguments. Since one was not
foudn (the script tests), if failed as it should.

For Meson with python and the rest (for xcbproto), I have debugged
several blunders (setting prefix instead of DESTDIR was sure to not
yield equal results in the pkg-config files...) and having still
to see one final point: is removing the DESTDIR prefix in python
compiled files enough to male these binary files identical? (Is there a
timestamp coded in the binaries too? In this case, the diff(1) will
never work so I will have to omit "*.pyc" files from comparisons),
I should finally have something clean to request for merge. And the
doc will be updated as well too.

T. Laronde