consolidating CI builds

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Mon Jun 10 16:09:28 UTC 2024

Hello,

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 12:12:06PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I'm thinking about consolidating the CI stuff, especially of drivers.
>
> For now, most are building against master, few using a version matrix.
> Most are built only on Linux, few (those not running on Linux at all),
> are built only on FreeBSD. And CI files all look differently.
>
> So, I'm thinking about creating some standard templates that all drivers
> can use. The interesting question now becomes: where to put these ?
>
> Abuse xorg/util/cf or xorg/util/macros or create an entirely new repo ?
>

> What's your opinion on this ?

Since one script used for the C.I. to compare semantically (and not
char by char) pkg-config files generated by Autotools and Meson has
been placed in:

xorg/util/modular

(as suggested by others and accepted since the merge request was
approuved), it is probably the place to put things that are used
"internally" for development.

My three euro cents (were two cents before, but the currency is falling),
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/