xcb docs @x.org broken

tlaronde at kergis.com tlaronde at kergis.com
Tue Aug 20 16:00:21 UTC 2024

On Tue, Aug 20, 2024 at 08:12:16AM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 8/20/24 02:46, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >

> > I've seen the xcb docs at x.org are pretty broken, eg.
> >
> > https://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/man/man3/xcb_query_font.3.xhtml
> >
> > It is still maintained ?
>
> It's been many years since I last updated them, and I don't remember how
> off hand - it was definitely before the days of gitlab.  Ideally we'd have
> a CI job regenerate them as necessary, but I've never taken the time to
> figure out how to do that.

There is a comment in the file saying it was generated by groff(1).
But there is a DESC file for the device xhtml that has to be present
(groff -Txhtml -man $file). I didn't trace any further than that...
(and the error is in the xhtml file produced).
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/