difference between XFillRectangles() and xcb_poly_fill_rectangle()

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Fri Aug 2 12:54:55 UTC 2024

On 01.08.24 20:36, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

... answering myself:
  > Is there something subtle in here that I've overseen ?
> (something XGC's internal state maybe ?)

Xlib indeed has a write-back cache for GC attributes, which is written
out by all functions that need (server side) GC.

Thus, when mixing xlib and xcb, one needs to call XFlushGC() before
using a (server side) GC that potentially had been changed (locally)
via Xlib.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert