Xwayland 23.1 schedule

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 09:45:05 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I'm preparing the release of Xwayland 23.1 and for that purpose filed
an issue in gitlab:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/issues/1426

I have also prepared the branch and posted a draft MR (not to be merged!) here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/1069

I am just duplicating here what I put in the xorg/xserver!1426 to
raise awareness for a wider audience, the plan is:

 * Branch out xwayland-23.1 by the end of this week
 * February 22nd: rc1
 * March 8th: rc2
 * March 22nd: 23.1.0 release if all goes well

Please let me know if that schedule works for you - Also, the
milestone "xwayland-23.1.0" in gitlab should be used to tag issues or
merge requests that need to be checked before Xwayland 23.1.0 is
released.

Cheers
Olivier