[Xcb] pthread stubs in libX11 vs. libxcb

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Thu Sep 29 15:44:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am 29.09.22 um 02:29 schrieb Alan Coopersmith:
[...]
> Which in hindsight, sounds a lot like that bug 162 linked above - the
> libX11
> xlib_ctor would call XInitThreads() at library load time, which would
> use the
> stubs to fake initializing the mutexes, and then libxcb would be loaded
> later
> (likely when XOpenDisplay() is called) pulling in the real pthreads
> library,

Why is libxcb only loaded later? I would expect that by the time
XInitThreads() can be called, the dynamic linker has at least loaded all
dependent libraries. So, if libxcb links against libpthread, then
libpthread should already be loaded at this time.

Is this thinking wrong?

Cheers,
Uli
--
"Do you know that books smell like nutmeg or some spice from a foreign
land?"