Deprecated usage in linux.cf

Ken Zalewski ken.zalewski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:13:51 UTC 2022

Alan and team,

Thank you for the quick response.  It looks like the _BSD_SOURCE and
_SVID_SOURCE macros were deprecated back in 2015, in glibc 2.19 and
beyond.  Here is more information on the change from { _BSD_SOURCE,
_SVID_SOURCE }  to _DEFAULT_SOURCE:

https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/feature_test_macros.7.html

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29201515/what-does-d-default-source-do

I modified /usr/lib64/X11/config/linux.cf and made these changes.  I will
be testing these changes as part of the TightVNC build.  I will let you
know if I encounter any issues.

Thank you again,

Ken Zalewski
Troy, NY