tarball types (was: [ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-libinput 1.2.1)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Jan 27 22:22:09 UTC 2022

On 1/25/22 01:23, Julien Cristau wrote:
> I'm still using the gz tarballs for the Debian source packages and would
> like to keep doing that, if possible.

Okay, I'm happy to not put in the effort to do another walk across all the
modules to add the "no-dist-gzip" flag to their configure.ac files.

But as whot noted, meson is only producing xz files, and we are planning
to convert more and more of the X.Org packages to building with meson over
time, so if you need to do work to improve xz support in your build systems
and tools, you should consider that.  (One of the goals of the recent walk
over the modules I've been doing is to set up at least basic CI builds, so
that we can have a little more confidence when adding meson builds to those
modules.)

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris