Xwayland 22.1 schedule

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 09:07:07 UTC 2022

Hi all,

It's been a year since we released Xwayland standalone and the
xwayland-21.1 branch.

Some new (and nice!) features found their way in the master branch of
the xserver since then and the time has come to consider a new
xwayland-22.1 branch and release, similar to what Michel did a year or
so ago for xwayland-21.1.

For that purpose I prepared the branch and posted a draft MR (not to
be merged) here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/819

I see no reason to wait any longer so I'd propose the following schedule:

 * Create the branch xwayland-22.1 this week (week #2)
 * January 19th: 1st release candidate
 * February 2nd: 2nd release candidate
 * February 16th: 22.1.0 release if all goes well

Please let me know if that schedule works for you - Also, the
milestone xwayland-22.1.0 in gitlab should be used to tag issues or
merge requests that need to be checked before Xwayland 22.1.0 is
released.

Cheers
Olivier