Buildability of the Xorg drivers

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:27:31 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 4:16 PM Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> xf86-input-vmmouse
> xf86-video-vmware
>    - do not allow merge requests

This has been an issue before, in conjunction with not even knowing
who the nominal maintainer was. E.g. someone submitted a patch almost
a year ago https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2021-March/058688.html
after asking on IRC how to make a merge request and being told...
dunno, looks like you can't? Can we just turn on MRs for these
projects?

I see Zack recently joined the project on Gitlab and pushed to master,
so Cc'ing him.

> xf86-video-glint
>    - Doesn't build due to the removal of ramdac drivers from Xorg:
>      https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-glint/-/issues/1
>
> xf86-video-s3
>    - Doesn't build due to the removal of ramdac drivers from Xorg, including
>      "IBM.h" and "TI.h"
>
> xf86-video-tga
>    - Doesn't build due to the removal of ramdac drivers from Xorg, including
>      "BT.h"

Maybe we could make a libRAMDAC out of the removed files and these
drivers could link against it. I'll give that a shot when I have time.