Making new releases of X.Org modules

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Dec 11 20:16:45 UTC 2022

On 12/11/22 10:25, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> While we're on the topic of fonts, I think it would actually be great to merge all the fonts into a single package like we did for all the protos.  If we could eliminate the configure time for ~35 packages, it would certainly help build times.

While we could probably consolidate somewhat, I'm not sure we want to
go all the way down to just 1.  There are some very different license
terms in some of the fonts, and I certainly understand some distros
not wanting all of them.

We could also mitigate the configure time by fixing the font configure
scripts to stop checking all the C compiler options they never use, or
switch them to meson.

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris