Xorg projects to archive on gitlab?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Aug 3 23:33:38 UTC 2022

In my recent mails on CI & xz archives, there were a set of projects which
traditionally weren't part of our Xorg releases, but which I think got moved
in during the gitlab migration for lack of a better place to put them (which
is fine).

But since we've never released them, and it doesn't look like anyone else
really cares about them either, is it time to just archive them on gitlab?

app/fdclock                - appears abandoned, no commits since 2007
app/mdm                    - appears abandoned, no commits since 2008
app/xresponse              - appears abandoned, no commits since 2007
app/xshowdamage            - appears abandoned, no commits since 2006
lib/libXrandrUtils         - appears abandoned, no commits since 2012
util/install-check         - appears abandoned, no commits since 2007

Does anyone still use these or ship them in a distro or packaging system?
Most importantly, does anyone want to maintain them?

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris