USB GPU bugs

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:47:53 UTC 2019

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 22:19:45 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> My main reason for suggesting either one is that I personally am aware
> of at least 2 issues (both related to secondary USB GPUs handling) which
> are only present in master and not in the 1.20 branch and which I really
> would like to see fixed before a new release. I have taking a look at
> these on my to do list, but not at the top of it (yet).

Hi Hans,

it so happens that I am, too, looking at some secondary DRM device
hotplug issues. I think I've seen three different things: not enough
RandR events to make Mutter take a hotplugged device & output into use,
Xorg crash on DRM device hotplug, and failure to start with Xorg USB
DRM device plugged in.

Do you have any public records of the issues you have on your plate?

I haven't filed any for mine yet, I'm still trying to untangle them.

Thanks,
pq