Cannot submit merge request for xf86-video-intel

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:17:13 UTC 2019

Given that the xf86-video-intel repo hasn't been been set up for PRs
it seems (as opposed to lets say the xserver).
I see in https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
the following people having made the most recent changes:

Ville Syrjälä: ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com (found via a commit
message with sign-off tag)
Eric Anholt: eric at anholt.net
Adam Jackson: ajax at nwnk.net

Throw them a mail personally explaining them your question.

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 11:46 AM Adam Richter <adamrichter4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone on xorg-devel.
>
> I am wondering what the proper procedure is for submitting a patch or
> merge request for xf86-video-intel.  I had trouble using gitlab to do it,
> so I sent the following email to intel-gfx and got no response, which
> is unsurprising to me, given that I think that that list is essentially
> for Linux DRM patches.
>
> The patch I am trying to submit, attached to this email,  is the other
> "assert(a && b) --> asert(a); assert(b)" patch that I mentioned (the
> first one being for xserver).  This one for xf86-video-intel, which I
> believe is deprecated for Linux, but I imagine might still be used
> in some circumstances.
>
> Anyhow, my original email to intel-gfx, appended here, covers
> this in slightly  more detail.  Any advice on how I should proceed
> is welcome.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.
>
> Adam

Far away from the primal instinct, the song seems to fade away, the
river get wider between your thoughts and the things we do and say.