xorg-xserver/Xext/shm.c - missing swapped case?

Ulrich Sibiller ulrich.sibiller at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:20:51 UTC 2019

Hello,

it seems to me that the shm code in the xserver's Xext code is
incomplte for the swapped case. In ProcShmDispatch() we have:

    case X_ShmPutImage:
#ifdef PANORAMIX
        if (!noPanoramiXExtension)
            return ProcPanoramiXShmPutImage(client);
#endif
        return ProcShmPutImage(client);
    case X_ShmGetImage:
#ifdef PANORAMIX
        if (!noPanoramiXExtension)
            return ProcPanoramiXShmGetImage(client);
#endif
        return ProcShmGetImage(client);
    case X_ShmCreatePixmap:
#ifdef PANORAMIX
        if (!noPanoramiXExtension)
            return ProcPanoramiXShmCreatePixmap(client);
#endif
        return ProcShmCreatePixmap(client);

while in SProcShmDispatch() the PANORAMIX ifdefs are completely
missing (along with the relevant functions SProcPanoramiXShm...()).

Since that code is really old (the PANORAMIX stuff came in with
XFree86 4.3.0.1 in November 2003) I am wondering if this really a bug
or if am missing something crucial here?

Uli