X.Org modules which could use some help to release

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Mon Jul 15 11:02:19 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 06:34:20PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> These I skipped because we don't package them in Solaris and I don't know if
> anyone else still uses them or they should just be archived now:
>   - app/beforelight
>   - app/fdclock
>   - app/mdm
>   - app/rstart
>   - app/scripts
>   - app/xf86dga
>   - app/xfwp
>   - app/xvidtune
>   - app/xcb-demo
>   - driver/xf86-video-ark
>   - driver/xf86-video-armsoc
>   - driver/xf86-video-impact
>   - driver/xf86-video-newport
>   - driver/xf86-video-nested  (has never had a release?)
>   - driver/xf86-video-tga
>   - driver/xf86-video-tseng
>   - driver/xf86-video-xgi
>   - driver/xf86-video-xgixp
>   - lib/libWindowsWM
>   - lib/libXTrap
>   - util/gccmakedep
>   - util/install-check

As a datapoint:

Of these, the following have packages in pkgsrc:

beforelight
gccmakedep
libWindowsWM
libXTrap
rstart
xf86-video-ark
xf86-video-newport
xf86-video-tga
xf86-video-tseng
xf86-video-xgi
xf86dga
xfwp
xvidtune

and the following:

beforelight
xf86-video-ark
xf86-video-newport
xf86-video-tga
xf86-video-tseng
xf86-video-xgi
xf86dga
xfwp
xvidtune

are included in NetBSD's xsrc, probably some with patches.

I can't tell if they are there for historic reasons or if anyone is
actually still using them.
 Thomas