Place to put new function to use in all projects

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Aug 14 16:52:12 UTC 2019

On 8/13/19 7:14 AM, coypu at sdf.org wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> I would feel much better if there was xorg_secure_getenv wrapper, and
> did a global s/getenv/xorg_secure_getenv/g, instead of auditing them
> individually.
>
> This requires introducing it in somewhere globally convenient. what's
> the right place?

What do you mean "all projects"?   X libraries?  clients?  servers?
drivers?

We don't currently have a global utility library that all include, and
have instead delivered our own versions of things like asprintf() or
reallocarray() in each individual project instead of creating one.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc