A question about XCompositeRedirectSubwindows

Egil Möller egil at innovationgarage.no
Sun Jun 17 20:12:42 UTC 2018

Hi!

I'm trying to write a new compositing window manager, and finding the
documentation for the API:s I need quite spread out.

The particular problem I'm having right now is that copying some windows (xclock) using
XCompositeRedirectSubwindows and e.g. XRenderComposite works fine, while
other windows (xterm, xlock) leaves me we a square with only their
background color. This seems to be true for both XRenderComposite and
glXBindTexImageEXT. Any ideas what's different between them, and what I
need to do differently?

My code is here: https://github.com/redhog/InfiniteGlass
(main code is in wm.c; running "make" ahould give you an Xephyr nested X
session that shows the problem).

Thanks in advance,

Egil Möller