gitlab migration (including account update plans, please read)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Jul 29 20:49:44 UTC 2018

Hi Alan,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 at 16:53, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 07/29/18 03:07 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > This took a little longer than hoped, but all the repos have now been moved.
>
> Huge thanks for doing this.
>
> I updated all my local clones with:
>
> git remote set-url origin `git remote get-url origin | sed \
>    's%ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/%ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/%'`
>
> but got errors that gitlab couldn't find app/bdftopcf, app/rendercheck,
> and app/x11perf.
>
> Did something go wrong with them?   I don't see them in the web ui at
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app either.

Not wrong as such, just moved. These are the modules which (as
requested) changed relative path during the migration:
xorg/app/bdftopcf -> xorg/util/bdftopcf
xorg/app/rendercheck -> xorg/test/rendercheck
xorg/app/x11perf -> xorg/test/x11perf
xorg/app/xtsttopng -> xorg/test/xtsttopng
xorg/driver/glamor -> xorg/driver/glamor-history
xorg/xprint -> xorg/xserver-xprint
avivo/xf86-video-avivo -> xorg/driver/xf86-video-avivo
glitz -> xorg/driver/glitz-history

If you try to fetch from the old URL it will still work, and if you
try to push to the old URL it will tell you the correct new URL to
use.

> I also got the same error from xf86-video-nouveau, xf86-video-openchrome,
> libvdpau, and xcb/* but I'm assuming that was my script going too far and
> those projects not migrating yet.

Right, exactly. Nothing under a non-xorg/ path has yet moved.

Cheers,
Daniel