git access to sgi / xf86-video-impact

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Jan 15 17:16:12 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-01-14 at 22:26 +0100, René Rebe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I dusted off my Sgi Octane and got our #t2sde mips64 patched up to the latest versions of everything.
>
> While at it I had to hack up the slightly ageing xf86-video-impact driver to compile and work again.

Awesome! I was pretty sure it had rotted a bit, thanks for fixing it
up.

> Assuming there are not really others left I could commit that and try to do the maintenance of the driver.
> What are the procedures to apply for write access to that?

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests/

tl;dr: Go to freedesktop bz, open a bug with preferred account name and
forwarding email address, attach gpg and ssh pubkeys.

Alternatively just send patches or pull requests to the list here and
someone (probably me) can merge them for you. fdo will be growing a
gitlab instance soon, which should make this all much less painful.

- ajax