how do I build xf86-video-ati

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:05:57 UTC 2018

Thanks again all

> The plot thickens. Looks like aclocal only warns if the first directory
> passed via -I doesn't exist, but errors out if the second one doesn't.

Yes

> Does https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/245782/ help for this issue?

It gave me the clue as to what I need to do : this :

ln -s ../../../xorg-build/share/aclocal m4

After that ./autogen.sh works just fine.

Your patch doesn't create the link, just an empty directory  -    I did not try that but I guess it will work just as well provided the user has exported ACLOCAL as Alan indicated.    creating the explicit link might be more robust.

Thanks all,   problem solved

Cheers,  John