how do I build xf86-video-ati

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Aug 23 16:22:05 UTC 2018

On 08/23/18 08:36 AM, John Lumby wrote:
> Thanks Michel,
>
>> configure.ac:41: error: must install xorg-macros 1.8 or later before running autoconf/autogen
>> This looks like your problem.
>
> Yes indeed,   but I was using jhbuild and it seems it already installed those xorg-macros in file path
> xorg-build/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4
> with version 1.19
>
> but perhaps that is not the place where  xf86-video-ati expects to find it?

autoconf normally only looks in /usr/share/aclocal - if you've not installed
xorg-macros.m4 there, then you need to set an environment variable to tell
autoconf where to look for it:
ACLOCAL="aclocal -I /wherever/xorg-build/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4"
(change to whatever the full path is on your system).

> I do not exactly know what kind of a "thing" xorg-macros is  --  apparently
> it is not a regular xorg package as at least it does not appear in https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/

It does, it's just confusingly named there as "util/macros" without the "xorg-".

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc