[Mesa-dev] XDC 2018: Call for Papers

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Aug 21 19:20:15 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We received an overwhelming response for this CFP - 35+ proposals (and
still some latecomers trickling in), for only 18 slots.

What we didn't much get (and the CFP failed to make it clear that
we're looking for this) is proposals for the workshop/discussion track
in the 2nd room. In the past we scheduled that ad-hoc at the
conference, but this year it would make sense to organize this.
Especially since we expect a lot of the talks we had to reject to end
up in hallway discussions. Formal workshop submissions also help us in
scheduling the main track - anything that's expected to generate a lot
of discussions will be put early.

Right now we have 1 proposal for the workshop track. We'd like to have
more. For details please look at "Workshop Track" at

https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/PapersCommittee/

If you have a topic, please send your proposal to board at foundation.lists.org.

Thanks, Daniel

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez
<siglesias at igalia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the pleasure to announce that the X.org Developer Conference 2018
> will be held in A Coruña, Spain from September 26th to September 28th.
> The venue is located at the Computer Science faculty of the University
> of Coruña.
>
> This year, we have created a new website for the event:
>
>     https://xdc2018.x.org
>
> And a Twitter account for announcing updates, please follow us!
>
>     https://twitter.com/xdc2018
>
> However, we are going to keep updating the good old wiki too:
>
>     https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2018
>
> As usual, we are open to talks across the layers of the graphics stack,
> from the kernel to desktop environments / graphical applications and
> about how to make things better for the developers who build them. Other
> topics such as Virtual Reality are also welcome. If you're not sure if
> something might fit, mail us or add it to the ideas list found in the
> program page at:
>
>     https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2018/Program/
>
> The Call for Papers information is here: https://xdc2018.x.org/#cfp.
> Remember, the deadline for submissions is Wednesday 25th July 2018 17:00
> UTC. Don't forget to send your proposals to board at foundation.x.org!
>
> The conference is free of charge and open to the general public. If you
> plan on coming, please add yourself to the attendees list:
>
>     https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2018/Attendees/
>
> We'll use this list of attendees to make badges and plan for the
> catering, so if you are attending please add your name as early as
> possible.
>
> I am looking forward to seeing you there. If you have any
> inquiries/questions, please send an email to xdc2018 at gpul.org, adding on
> CC the X.org board (board at foundation.x.org).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sam