[ANN] edid-decode maintenance info

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Aug 12 20:52:33 UTC 2018

On 06/22/18 01:12 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 06/22/2018 01:36 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> On 06/21/18 01:59 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> As Adam already announced earlier this week I'm taking over maintenance of
>>> the edid-decode utility.
>>>
>>> Since I am already maintaining other utilities on git.linuxtv.org I decided
>>> to move the edid-decode git repo to linuxtv.org as well. It is now available
>>> here: https://git.linuxtv.org/edid-decode.git/
>>>
>>> Patches, bug reports, etc. should be mailed to linux-media at vger.kernel.org
>>> (see https://linuxtv.org/lists.php). Please make sure the subject line
>>> contains 'edid-decode'.
>>>
>>> One thing I would like to tackle in the very near future is to add support for
>>> the new HDMI 2.1b EDID additions.
>>>
>>> I also know that some patches for edid-decode were posted to xorg-devel that
>>> were never applied. I will try to find them, but to be safe it is best to
>>> repost them to linux-media.
>>
>> Thanks - there's also a handful of open bug reports against edid-decode in
>> our bugzilla as well, some of which have patches attached:
>>
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?component=App%2Fedid-decode
>>

> Thank you for this information. I looked through all the bug reports and
> 100607, 100340 and 93366 were already fixed before I took over maintenance.
>
> I just fixed 89348 and 93777 in my git repo, so those can be marked as
> resolved.

Since no one else has, I marked all of these resolved now with links to your
repo for the fixes.

> The edid-decode component should probably be removed from the freedesktop
> bugzilla.

I don't know how to do that without deleting the bugs, so I'm hoping Adam
or Daniel can do that, much as they've been doing for the stuff migrating
to gitlab.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc