[RFC v2 08/12] present: Allow present implementations to wait on fences

Louis-Francis Ratté-Boulianne lfrb at collabora.com
Mon Oct 16 05:34:09 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 18:24 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 27/09/17 07:19 AM, Louis-Francis Ratté-Boulianne wrote:
> > Instead of relying on the present module to wait on in-fences,
> > we added some hooks to allow the drivers/hardware to do the work.
> > Drivers need to implement can_wait, wait and flip_with_fence
> > to handle it.
>
> The commit log needs to be updated for the current hook names
> (can_wait_fence, wait_fence).

I've fixed that in branch "rfc/2017-10/x11-fences" of my repo [0],
but I'm gonna wait before submitting again as that seems minor to
warrant a new submission to the mailing list.

> P.S. It would be nice to have a changelog in each patch describing
> what
> (if anything) changed between v1 and v2.

I will add that from now on, good suggestion. I also tried to add some
history for the changes I could remember.

Thanks,

--
Louis-Francis Ratté-Boulianne
Collabora