Merged repo for protocol headers? Why are they split?

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Tue Nov 21 17:42:40 UTC 2017

I've been doing what I need for mesa on platforms that lack proper package/port
management (aka, windows and macos). AFAIK it should be completely possible to
merge all the protos into a single xorg-proto (or whatever color you like your
bikeshed), but no one's stepped up to take on that project.

There are a couple of questions I have about a merged proto repo, namely some of
the protos still have options for handling very old OSes (some or all of which
are not in common use anymore) and some of the protos themselves are not in
common use anymore. Do we want to add the obsolete protos and do we want to drop
options for some of the more archaic OSes?

Dylan

Quoting Daniel Martin (2017-11-21 01:59:42)