[PULL] XQuartz {Add,Remove}EnabledDevice build fixes and other cleanup

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Sep 13 17:09:08 UTC 2016

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 07:48, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-09-11 at 00:03 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>>       os/connection: Improve abstraction for launchd secure sockets
> Mmm, not a huge fan of this one. You're not requiring that $DISPLAY be
> an absolute path, so now server startup might fail if there's a file in
> cwd named ":0.0". Unlikely I admit but still a dumb reason to fail, and
> I can't think of a good reason to want relative paths to work here.

Whoops, I didn't mean to include that one in the pull request as I hadn't received review feedback from it yet.  Sorry about that.  I've removed it from the PR (updated below to also include 2 patches that I got review on over the weekend).

Regarding the change in question, it's not requiring DISPLAY to be an absolute path.  If it isn't a path at all, it falls through to the "not a path" case.

Yes, if it is a relative path, things might not go the way we want them to, so that's a good point.  The related logic in libxcb has the same issue.  If this is something we want to squash, we should do it in both places by changing 'if (display_env)' to 'if (display_env && *display_env == '/')'

Would that make you feel more comfortable?

The updated PR without that change is:

The following changes since commit d8e05c04758cbcd7b5c11362cb28ce017d50098b:

  modesetting: Fall back to primary crtc for vblank for drawables on slave outputs (2016-09-13 11:18:43 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:


for you to fetch changes up to 6c0641c7e843182d860c593bf48a88f38bedb291:

  os/inputthread: Fix setting of cloexec on file descriptors (2016-09-13 10:00:51 -0700)

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia (5):
      XQuartz: Fix the issue where the h key could be come "stuck" after hiding XQuartz with cmd-h
      XQuartz: Cleanup CPPFLAGS that are no longer necessary on darwin
      Xquartz: Update for removal of AddEnabledDevice and RemoveEnabledDevice
      Xext/shm: Fix usage of F_GETFD to match standard
      os/inputthread: Fix setting of cloexec on file descriptors

 Xext/shm.c                     |  3 ++-
 hw/xquartz/X11Application.m    |  9 +++++++++
 hw/xquartz/darwin.c            | 17 +++++++++++------
 hw/xquartz/pbproxy/Makefile.am |  5 ++---
 os/inputthread.c               | 15 +++++++++++++--
 5 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 4465 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/attachments/20160913/8d19b77c/attachment-0001.bin>

More information about the xorg-devel mailing list