Proposed X server 1.19 schedule

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 07:59:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 06-09-16 05:23, Keith Packard wrote:
> Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> That is quick :)  Fine by me, but I've a whole bunch of
>> modesetting / prime patches (all bugfixes really) I would like to get in
>> before then.
>
> As you can see, bug fixes are welcome until 9-24. All that closes 9-10
> is new feature development. If anyone has some feature work still
> pending, we can certainly change the schedule.

So the question the becomes is hw cursor support for prime
a feature; or a bug-fix. I brushed of and updated Dave's patch for
this to fix a bug (flickering / invisible cursor at top of screen
with slave output active), but one can easily argue it is a feature.

Either way I would really like to get the prime hw cursor support
in, because the flickering cursor thing makes us look (and is)
really quite bad. So lets try to get that in this week :)

Same question could be asked of the series to make the modesetting
driver work as offload source, feature or bug fix ? Again either
way since Debian / Ubuntu are now using modesetting by default on
all recent Intel GPU-s this one is somewhat important...

Regards,

Hans